The Project Management Podcast™

Bringing Project Management Topics to Beginners and Experts

Name:

The Project Management Podcast™ has moved to it's new home at www.THEpmpodcast.com.

This Blog will remain open, but it will no longer be updated. Please change your bookmarks and visit us at at www.THEpmpodcast.com.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Project Initiation

Visit us at our new home: www.THEpmpodcast.com.

Over the past 3 months, the idea of creating The Project Management Podcast has resurfaced several times in the mind of my customer (i.e. myself.) I toyed with the idea and then dismissed it. But it came back. And I dismissed it once more. When it came back again two weeks ago I decided that it was time to act. I surfed around in order to see what was out there and found very little on the topic of "project AND management AND podcast".

I found Lisa Sieverts's Podcast which she started in January 2005 but she only posted an introductory postcast and a few small test soundfiles. I found a very good interview with Dave Po-Chedley on The Cranky Middle Manager Show. The show's main focus is however not on PM. And I found a few PM MP3s on Educause. (I may find more as I keep searching and will post it here).

The more I thought about this project, the more I got hooked on the idea. Even though I cannot begin to analyze if there is a market for The Project Management Podcast out there, there is definitely a niche. So I began jotting down ideas for possible shows, discussed it with my wife and PM colleagues and decided that I wanted to give this a try. The project got a green light and appropriate funding from our sponsor (i.e. myself... again.)